I’m always searching for new ways to snack in the afternoon. Sometimes the work day gets away from me and the only reason I look up at the clock is because my stomach is growling. I came across this easy pimento cheese recipe and HAD to make it. It’s a Southern staple and one of my absolute favorites – I can snack on this all week long, on celery, crackers, or on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato. The best part – it takes less than 10 minutes to make. **Personal choice: the recipe I followed called for 1 teaspoon of finely grated onion and pecans but I excluded both of those. I also added a small sliver of cream cheese.
Things you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 bag of shredded extra-sharp cheddar
- 1 can of pimentos
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Small sliver of cream cheese
- First, stir the mayonnaise, pimentos and red pepper into a medium serving bowl.
- Add both bags of cheese, stirring in gradually.
- Add a small sliver of cream cheese, a little less than 1/4. Stir everything together until blended thoroughly.
- Serve on crackers, celery sticks or spread over bread.